13 Mar Calendar update – Sy19-20
Revised School Schedule
|March 16-23, 2020||Spring Break: No in-person school, No distance/remote learning|
|March 24-31, 2020||Spring Break EndsNo in-person school|
Students are required to participate in Washington Global’s distance learning
|April 1, 2020||Students expected to resume in-person classes (this date could be delayed if deemed necessary by the DC Government)|
|April 13-17,2020||In-person school for students (No Spring Break)|
Distance/Remote Learning Expectations
March 24th-31st remote/distance learning expectations for students are:
- Students will complete daily lessons for all of their classes via Google Classroom, which can be found on the Washington Global app (download the app in the online Apple Store, Google Play Store, or use the QSR Code in the attached letter).
- Google Classroom is accessible through Smartphone, laptop, and tablet (please complete the survey emailed out by Diana Gabriel yesterday so we can help with tech needs).
- Daily attendance will be taken based off of their coursework.
- Coursework will be accepted within 24 hours of the day’s lesson and graded.
- Teachers will be available via phone or email daily during their office hours (office hours and contact for each teacher will be posted in Google Classroom).
Additionally, Washington Global will be providing shelf-stable meals for those individuals who indicated the need for the meals on the parent survey that was sent out on Thursday March 12th. Students will be sent home with shelf stable food on Friday March 13th. We have ordered more food and additional shelf stable meals will be available for pick up at Washington Global on Monday March 16th from 1:00pm-3:30pm.
I know this is a time of anxiety, but Washington Global is committed to ensuring that your student receives a quality education during this school closure. Please reach out to the school at (202) 796-2415 if you have any questions.
Elizabeth Torres, Ed.D.
Elizabeth Torres, Ed.D.Chief Executive Officer/ Co-founderWashington Global PCS